Updated: July 02,2019
PLEASE NOTE: For information about how Bodhi Integrative Health, PC and its affiliates may use and disclose medical information about you, how you can get access to this information, and other rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), please review our Notice of Privacy Practices.
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website, as well as information we collect in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. Such third-parties may have their own privacy policies that we recommend you review.
For all of our services, the data controller is Bodhi Integrative Health, PC.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use your information in a number of different ways and for a number of different purposes, depending on the information. You don’t have to provide us with any personal information, but if you don’t, you may not get to take advantage of all our services. We collect your information and use it in the following ways:
2.1. Requesting an Appointment. We collect certain personal information when you request an appointment with us, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, and reason you are making such request. We collect this information to:
• Contact you about your appointment request.
• To enable us to provide services to you.
• Send you information and about our products and services, which we will only do with your permission.
• Send you important changes to our terms and conditions, as well as other policies to keep you informed.
• Prevent and detect fraud against either you or Bodhi.
• Show you Bodhi ads as you browse the web, so you can see our latest products, services, and deals.
2.2. Your contact history with us. We collect information on what you have said to us over communication devices, such as phone, instant chat, e-mail, and contact forms to:
• Provide customer service and support.
• Train our staff to ensure you get the best possible customer service.
2.3. Information about your device and how you use our website. We collect information you provide us when you browse our Website, including your IP address and device type, as well as how you use our website. We also collect your location data if you choose to share it. We use this information to:
• Improve our website to give you the best possible experience.
• Protect our website to prevent and detect fraud against either you or Bodhi.
2.4. Information from accounts you link to use. We collect your information when you to link your social media accounts to us to enable you to log into our website easily without having to create a specific account.
2.5. Anonymous, aggregated data. we anonymize and aggregate personal information, meaning it does not identify you, and we may use it for multiple purposes, including research, data analysis, IT testing, site improvements, service improvements, and site development. This information may also be shared with third parties.
3. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. We do not, and will not, sell your personal data to a third party.
However, your data may be shared with the following parties as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
• Companies that facilitate your purchase of services, such as payment service providers.
• Professional service providers, such as advertising partners, website hosts, and practice management partners that help us run our business.
• Credit reference agencies to prevent fraud.
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites approved by you if you link those profiles to Bodhi.
• Law enforcement or other governmental officials as we deem necessary to comply with applicable law.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our users and, but we will make sure that it does not identify you before we share any information.
4. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
The information Bodhi collects, including registration and purchase information, is housed on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be processed and stored in the United States, and the data protection and privacy laws in the United States may offer a lower level of protections than in your country or region.
By using our website and submitting your information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of such information in the United States. Where and as required, we will seek your explicit consent as outlined in this Policy
If your access to some services and content is password protected, we advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone, as you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session While we take all reasonable measures to protect your stored information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online.
6. MARKETING MESSAGES
If you opt-in, we will send you marketing messages via e-mail to keep you aware and up-to-date about what we are up to and help you see and find our products and services.
If you want to stop receiving marketing messages from Bodhi, you can do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail we have sent you. You also may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request such e-mails to stop. It might take us a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might receive a few messages from us after you unsubscribe.
7. BODHI ADVERTISEMENTS
We may engage in online advertising, and, like many other companies, we will target Bodhi banners and ads to you when you are on other websites. To accomplish this, we may use advertising technologies, including tracking pixels and cookies. These ads are based on information we store about you or your previous use of Bodhi or previously clicked-on Bodhi ads and banners.
8. STORING YOUR INFORMATION
In the case where you have any correspondence with us, including through the appointment request feature on our Website, we will retain those details until we have deemed the information no longer necessary, or you request it to be deleted, if we are able to do so.
If we are legally required to do so, or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your personal information for a period of time, even after you are no longer using our services.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides for certain rights to protect the privacy of EU citizens. Specifically:
• Right to access: you have the right to request information about your personal data held by us at any time. You can contact Bodhi at email@example.com to request such information.
• Right to rectification: you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
• Right to erasure: you have the right to requests that we delete your data.
• Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information that is based on Bodhi’s legitimate interest. We will discontinue to process such personal information unless we are able to demonstrate legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
• Right to object to direct marketing: you have the right stop direct marketing messaging and to withdraw consent for other content-based processing at any time. You can opt-out of direct marketing by following the instructions in each marketing e-mail, or by contacting us.
• Right to portability: you have the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider.
• Right to complain to a supervisory authority: If believe Bodhi is processing your personal information in an incorrect way, please contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to your data protection regulator.
Please contact us with any complaints, questions, or if you want to exercise any of your rights.You can request access to all your personal information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. COOKIES AND LOG FILES
There are various types of cookies, and we use each type for different reasons. Set out below are the types of cookies and how and why we use them:
• Session ID cookies: these cookies expire when a browser is closed.
• Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Website.
• First- and third-party cookies: first-party cookies store information in the user’s computer that is created by the website, while third-party cookies are placed on a user’s hard disk by a website from a domain other than the one a user is visiting. We use these cookies to collect statistics and user data in aggregate and individual form in analysis tools to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. We also use third-party cookies that perform cross-site tracking in order for use to provide you with marketing on other sites.
By using our site, you are agreeing to us placing these types of cookies on your device and accessing them.
10.2. Log Files. We collect and log IP addresses in order to analyze site visitation trends and administer the website. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. IP address information allows us to properly administer our system and gather aggregate information on visitors to our website help diagnose problems with our servers, and how our site is being used, including the pages visitors are viewing in the aggregate. This aggregate information may be shared with third parties, such as our physicians, our suppliers and other businesses. To maintain your anonymity, we do not associate IP addresses with records containing personal information. In other words, IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, request and appointment on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any material change will be clear on our website, or we may contact you by other means, such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before continuing to use Bodhi.
13. CONTACT US
You can contact us at any time to:
• Request access to information the Bodhi has about you
• Correct any information that Bodhi has about you
• Delete information that Bodhi has about you
If you have any additional questions about our collection and storage of data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org